To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 28th October 2019, interviews are expected between 4th-8th November 2019.
The role holder will work closely with other YCC staff to coordinate pastoral support throughout the church and will be specifically involved in carrying out pastoral support and care of those within YCC who are elderly and infirm.
Terms and conditions
The post is for 5 hours / week
The salary will be £18-20k pa (pro-rated) depending on experience
(plus statutory pension requirements and including 5 weeks/year paid vacation + bank holidays on a pro-rota basis)
The Pastoral worker is accountable for the following objectives
- To oversee support for the elderly in the congregation. Part of the role will be to create and co-ordinate a team of volunteers to visit and support our elderly; this will include the post holder being directly involved in visiting and providing support
- Organise systematic and reactive pastoral visitation of older members of the church with a particular emphasis on those in acute need of support.
- To identify the need for individuals to access support from other agencies and where appropriate, to assist the individuals in accessing this support
- Provide monthly updates of individual situations and needs to pastoral sphere leads
- A committed Christian with a close walk with the Lord, fully supportive of the vision of York Community Church
- Confident in their faith and secure in their own identity as a Christian
- A pastoral heart, with the gift of encouraging individuals, to continue to grow in their faith and to serve the Lord Jesus
- A servant-hearted shepherd of God’s flock with strong gifting in interpersonal skills and discerning the needs of others
- The organizational abilities to provide a coordinated pattern of pastoral care, recognising boundaries around individual expectations
- The ability to appropriately handle and teach biblical truth.
- Significant practical experience of providing pastoral support to the elderly within a Church environment
Support for candidate
Regular well-being support will be offered to the post holder in addition to the normal line management support provided to the postholder.