To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To oversee the operational management of York Community Church; ensuring structures and systems are in place which meet the needs of the church’s ministries; and mobilise resources within our church to advance the realisation of the church’s vision.
The role will release the leadership and ministry teams from many of the day to day practicalities and enable the church to better focus on its mission.
Terms and conditions
The post is for 20 hours / week. Flexibility will be required in working hours and is likely to include some evening and weekend work.
The salary will be in the range £25k-£32k pa (pro-rated) depending on experience
(plus statutory pension requirements and including 5 weeks/year paid vacation + bank holidays)
The role will be subject to a 6 month probationary period.
The Operations Manager is accountable for the following objectives. We expect a key part of achieving these objectives will be to recruit, lead, manage and equip a team to help deliver them.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the church and the buildings we use
- Hold day to day oversight responsibility for Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Fire Assessment, Risk Management, Infrastructure and Accessibility issues
- Support effective long term operational, missional and financial planning in collaboration with the Trustees and Leadership Team
- Plan and organise church events
- Oversee HR processes (recruitment, appraisal / performance review and management, training) for church staff
- Provide line management to the Church Administrator
- Ensure church operating and governance procedures, processes and systems undergo continual improvement (in some cases completely new processes will be needed)
- Ensure that there is a widespread adoption of, and compliance with, these procedures, processes and systems to facilitate an excellent standard of operations across the church;
- Ensure effective communications systems are in place for communicating within the church family, key stakeholders and wider audiences;
- Ensure that all church administrative processes are operating efficiently and cost efficiently to serve the running of the church including all IT systems;
- Work with all church ministry and mission teams to ensure that they have what they need in order to serve the church effectively;
- Collate and process information to provide reports as required about the church activity;
- Ensure the relevant support is given in order to implement agreed plans and strategies including any relevant training, equipment and procedures are in place;
- Project manage key organisational changes (such as planting a new congregation) within the church and where necessary liaise with external suppliers
- Participate in the life of the church as any regular attendee would
- A committed Christian, fully supportive of the vision of York Community Church
- Experience of developing, implementing and improving processes in small/medium organisations
- Experience of operations management
- Experience of dealing effectively with difficult and complex situations
- Own transport / workable alternative.
- Track record of successful team leadership with paid staff and volunteers
- Willing to serve others, irrespective of status, role, race and culture
- A team player, able to encourage and work collaboratively with volunteers and paid staff
- Proactive approach and commitment to see projects through to completion
- Commitment to safeguarding policy and practice
- Self-motivated with ability to adapt to different work pressures and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills across all people groups.
- Experience of events / bookings marketing and management
- Good budget management skills
- Formal project management skills