Do you have a passion for Jesus and for great online content? Do you have experience with website design, social media and video production? YCC is a vibrant community of Christian disciples seeking to impact our local area in York for Jesus. We have an exciting new opportunity for someone to join our staff team as a specialist in all things digital.
The Digital Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that our digital channels (website, social media and YouTube) are effectively managed and reflect our church vision and values. The role will also be responsible for facilitating pre-recorded video content for broadcast and the video production of our live-streams.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is the end of Monday 16th November. Interviews will be w/c Monday 23rd November.
To ensure that the York Community Church website, social media presence and YouTube broadcasts are effectively managed with visually appealing and up-to-date content so that our “digital presence” accurately reflects our vision and values as a church.
- The post is for 16 hours / week. (2 days). Flexibility will be required in working hours and is likely to include some evening and weekend work.
- The salary will be £16-24k pa (pro-rata).
- To be present on at least 40 Sundays in the year.
- Annual leave of 5 weeks per annum on a pro-rata basis plus statutory bank holidays.
- The role reports to the YCC Operations Manager.
- Proposed start date is 1st Jan 2021.
- Responsible for ensuring our “digital presence” (e.g. website, social media, YouTube) is actively managed and kept fresh in terms of visual appeal and up-to-date in terms of content.
- Facilitate the video production for YCC online broadcasts – via pre-recorded material or livestreaming (e.g. the Sunday morning service broadcast).
- Complete video editing tasks to produce finished video products for YCC (e.g. items for the YCC online Sunday service).
- Continually maintain and develop the YCC and related websites (e.g. Cornerstone website) ensuring that day-to-day routine updates can be easily performed by our Administrator.
- Ensure a coordinated approach across social media channels and that these channels are regularly updated.
- Provide guidance and advice to the YCC leadership and staff team on digital matters.
Participate in the life of the church as any regular attendee would.
- A committed Christian, fully supportive of the vision of York Community Church.
- Proven track record of production of high-quality video output (including recording, editing, livestreaming, graphics and titles).
- Proven track record of web-design.
- Experience managing social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram.
- An eye for visual design.
- Willing to serve others, irrespective of status, role, race and culture.
- A team player, able to encourage and work collaboratively with volunteers and paid staff.
- Self-motivated with ability to adapt to different work pressures and deadlines.
- Own transport / workable alternative.